Followers

Monday, 12 November 2012

New Beginnings

I have decided that my blog Loubie's Lot should be about all of my life and not just the crafting side of my life. So this restart of my blog will reflect all aspects and not just what I am currently stitching on.


This happily coincides with me starting to read the following book,




Have The Best Year of Your Life by Jane Matthews


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Have-Best-Year-Your-ebook/dp/B004GXAZV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352716424&sr=8-1


Basically it is a day to day approach to making your life better and getting more from it. Well I am going to give it a go and lets see where I end up.


The coming year will be full of change for me, hopefully my daughter will go to University, my son will be finishing his last year at college and potentially moving on into some form of sheltered accommodation and I may very well end up going back to work after 20 years as a stay at home Mum and carer. So there is a lot to for me get to grips with.


So it is very much one day at a time. Day one suggests you take a walk and breathe in the fresh air. Well I do do this everyday as our dog Miss Lily needs her exercise



and todays walk we got drenched as it is absolutely pouring and very very grey today.

The book also suggests that on this walk you collect a souvenir as a reminder of the start of your big adventure. Well initially I was going to pick up a lovely autumn leaf but then realised that over time it will disintegrate and therefore would not be a reminder. In the end I picked up a small boomerang shaped stick which is now drying out on my kitchen windowsill. Below is a picture of it, I did say it was small but quite tactile.




Walking is really the only form of exercise I enjoy and I am currently in the progress of building up to at least 10,000 steps a day. This week we are up to 8000, so it wont be long until hopefully I see some health improvements - my hips aching less would be good.


At the beginning of November I decided to take a month off of Facebook to see if I could get more done and also just to refresh my spirit. I had just finished a three month stitching project for Polstitches which was the following:-

Fairy Moon by Mirabilia stitched on 28ct Abyss Opalescent Linen




I think at times you can just get bogged down in other peoples lives and not focus enough on what you need to be doing. So since the beginning of November I have worked on a variety of stitching projects just for me. The following are the two I have so far completed.


This first completion is from a set of six oriental designs by the late Sheila Hudson and were featured in Cross Stitcher magazine in April 2003. Mine looks a little different from the one in the magazine, that is because I used DMC thread and the magazine models used Anchor.


This second small completion is from Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas which is an occasional magazine which comes with threads, a piece of aida, cards, embellishments etc. The floss used was from the pack but I stitched in on a piece of opal aida that I had in my stash.

I am hoping this new approach to blogging will be a good reminder for me of where I have been and where I am going. If no-one reads it, it does not really matter as if nothing else it will be a reminder to me and as my memory isn't what it was that is no bad thing :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you setting goals to make your life better. Wishing that all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete