Monday, 31 December 2012

A Few Final Finishes for 2012

As I have stopped working on my rotations for the Christmas period, I decided to work a few small projects.

Below are what I have managed to complete since my last post on 23rd December.

The first photo is my interpretation of the bonus chart that came with Lizzie Kate Dance in the Rain. I have stitched it on a piece of Polstitches Opal Linen which came from a grab bag, I think it might be Tudor Rose. The threads are my selection of Carrie's Creations.


The second photo is Christmas Eve Flight which was a freebie design from The Sampler Girl. I have stitched this on the same Polstitches Opal Linen and used Carrie's Creations Olde Salem Red, Caribou Hyde and Moon Shadow floss.


The third photo is Life is a Stitch - Whimsy Thoughts by Helga Mandl as featured in The Gift of Stitching Magazine (TGOSM) issue 30. I have used the recommeded DMC and DMC Color Variations on a scrap of Polstitches Aida


The fourth photo is Patchwork by Blackwork Journey, this is a freebie chart on her website. It uses three colors two blues and black and I have stitched this on a piece of DMC opalescent aida.


The square I turned into an ornament by whip stitching the sides together see photo below


And my final finish for 2012 is one of the Angels that Joan Elliott designed for Cross Stitch Card Shop. This was started as a SAL with Polstitches earlier in the year. I used a piece of Polstitches Opal Linen and changed all the DMC to Carrie's Creations apart from the skin tones. I also changed the gold metallic to a rainbow kreinik thread.


In hindsight I think only one variegated in each colour group would have worked better, but if you dont try out things you will never know if it works or not.

6 comments:

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...