Monday, 17 December 2012

Around the World in 80 stitches SAL - Part One complete

This was my starting point for my weekend stitching session.


I am really very pleased with the progress I have made this weekend on this project from Papillon Creations which will travel the world in stitches. I am stitching it on 28ct Bone Jobelan. The first part of the project concentrates on stitches from England and Scotland and the speciality stitches used are Norwich Stitch, Berwick stitch (although I did back stitching here as could not get it to look right), Lindisfarne stitch (which I think looks really effective, it is the main stich on the right heart) and Scotch stitch. I also managed to start the border work for part 2.




For anyone who is interested the colours I am using are as follows: -

The greens - DMC 500, 502 and 504

Floral Colour 1 DMC Color Variation 4124 Bonfire
Floral Colour 2 Carrie's Creations Sorbet
Floral Colour 3 DMC Color Variatios 4170 Whispering Wind
Floral Colour 4 Dinky Dyes Tutti Fruitti
Floral Colour 5 DMC Color Variation 4077 Morning Sunshine
Floral Colour 6 Carrie's Creations Strawberry Shake
Floral Colour 7 DMC Color Variations 4126 Desert Canyon
Floral Colour 8 Carrie's Creations Twinkle

Metallic thread is Rainbow Gallery Petite Treasure Braid PB01

Bead 1 is Mill Hill 00553
Bead 2 is Mill Hill 03036

I am using DMC 543 to attach beads as this is fairly close to the fabric colour. Below is a photo of the materials used


4 comments:

  1. You made great progress over the weekend. And its looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Caitlin, I am really enjoying this one :-)

      Delete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...