Followers

Monday, 10 December 2012

Chatelaine Sleeping Beauty Castle Update 1

This weekends rotation was the Chatelaine Sleeping Beauty Castle or Online 95 as it is also known.

Below is the photo of what the completed design should look like.


Then the next photo is my starting point before stitching this weekend.


Finally the photo below is how much progression I have made this weekend on this rotation. The fabric used is Polstitches Regency Jobelan.


I am quite pleased with my progress having added the beads to the centre of the design and added the Dinky Dyes silk swirly border. Still only on part one but it is progress. It is a shame that the camera dilutes the sparkliness of the metallic thread and beads.

Also this weekend whilst I was not working on this I continued with working on January from the Joan Elliott/World of Cross Stitching Stitcher's Diary 2013 - a freebie with issue 198. I managed to get another hour done on this, here is the progress


I also started to knit a snood using Patons Trentino DK shade 85. It is the first time I have used circular needles or knitted in the round. I think I am getting there. The photo shows 4 rounds knitted.




2 comments:

  1. great progress :D that is one of the projects I am loving the look of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caitlin, I am really enjoying working on it too.

      Delete