Followers

Thursday, 13 December 2012

Sampler Wednesday - Martha Jones 1792 Update 5

To be honest I have not got very much to show for this week efforts. I just managed one small motif as I was quite tired by the time I got around to working on the sampler.

Here is the close-up of the little stitching I did do



And below is the whole sampler so far


My reason for not getting much done was due to the time I spent making myself a knitted twisted cowl as it has been so very cold here the last couple of days.

I had some Sirdar Crofter chunky yarn that I had bought to make a cardigan for myself only to discover that the pattern was too difficult for me. As I did not want the yarn going to waste at over £3 a ball, I have decided to make some small hats, scarves etc to use it up.

This twisted cowl which I stitched on 10mm needles with 25 stitches and the pattern being a knit row followed by a K1,P1 rib row until I got to the end of the 50g ball. The original pattern I found on the internet at www.flaxandtwine.com by Anne B.Weil - Chunky Moebius Cowl states to knit until it is 54 inches in length. I think the yarn used in the original must have been a super chunky as my piece can only be about 28-30 inches in length. Anyway below is a pic of me wearing it.



2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and snug. I love the colours, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it certainly keeping my neck warm :-) Thanks.

      Delete