Monday, 21 January 2013

Back to Rotations plus an update of the last few days

So this week sees a return to me stitching on Joan Elliott's Cinderella. I have not worked on her since November 2012. I am doing the pink version and have made her a brunette. Below is this weeks starting point. It is stitched on Colorful Clouds Opal Linen from Polstitches.


On Thursday 17th January I started work on the ornament I am trying to complete for the Ornament SAL.

This is the chart I have chosen to work from. It is the Prairie Schooler Snowy Nights and I an doing the Ho Ho Ho Santa that is the centre ornament on the chart cover. I am stitching it on the recommended 32ct Lambswool and using DMC threads.


This is the progress I have made so far. Will have to get my fingers stitching if I want to get it completed by the 30th Jan, in time for the SAL update.


On Friday we had our first snowfall of the year and below are a couple of photos. I love snow the first day it lays after that I loathe it as it is so lethal and I tend to end up falling over which is no fun.


Waiting for Mr Tumnus ?

Later in the morning we took the dog on her daily walk and the two photos below are from that walk.

The slope down to the cycle path, I had to find fresh snow as it was quite slippy

Once on the path it was a lovely walk with Lily our dog.






As for stitching over the last few days well each day I have worked on my Valentines Exchange, but I cannot show that until Stephanie has received it so lets just say it is quite slow going but I think it will look good when completed.

Apart from the exchange project I also got January from Joan Elliott's Stitchers diary out again to work on. I am trying to complete this in January also.

This is what it should look like when it is complete

Progress as of 18th January 2013







On Saturday I finished off two small Christmas Ornaments that I have had as works in progress for a very long time. They are from the set of 12 Days of Christmas by Framecraft and are complete kits in themselves. I have done Days 1 and 2, so I only have the other 10 to stitch to have the complete set for the tree this year.

Framecraft - A Partridge in a Pear Tree. My second finish of the year.

Framecraft - Two Turtle Doves. My third finish of the year.







Finally yesterday I could not get motivated to stitch but in the evening I finally braved it and cut my Hardanger project that I started early last year.

Sweet Dreams Beginners Hardanger freebie project from Polstitches Designs website. Using my own colour scheme. This is before cutting.



This is it after cutting. I apologise for the poor photo the first one is more accurate for colours, just poor lighting again. Well I did the cutting and nothing has fallen apart so I can safely assume my Kloster Blocks were stitched correctly. I should have cut a bit closer to the stitching as I do have a few fluffy bits to tidy up.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching. Look forward to seeing your progress on Cinderella. Great photos of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have made progress on so many things. Its been a good week for you, it seems:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique, I sometimes feel that I am not making that much progress, but once I have blogged with the photos, I can actually see that I am getting there :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your snow pictures. Congratulations on your finishes. Your WIPs are looking great.

    Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I'm a new follower of your blog. Thank you for visiting mine, too! Your ornaments are lovely and they will look so nice when you have all 12 days finished. Your stitching looks great. I have never tried Hardanger. We never have snow where I live. It was over 80 F degrees today. Debbie
    http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie, thanks for leaving a comment. Although I am not keen on snow once it has laid for a couple of days, I am not a lover of extreme heat either. I personally like cool bright days the best. So Spring and Autumn tend to be the seasons I enjoy the most. I have done Hardanger on and off for a couple of years, but usually just small pieces, this is my largest piece to date. Now that I am blogging regularly I am trying to visit lots of new blogs. I nearly always find some inspiration from them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be a real long-shot but is there any chance you still have the patterns for the partridge in a pear tree and the two turtle doves? I have the other ten and did them for my mother's tree about 10 years ago when I was very sick. I've never been able to get the last two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to say I binned the charts when I finished them. Sorry I could not help

      Delete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...