Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Birthday and the WIP/ UFO Challege 2013

Yesterday was my birthday, I was all the 4's droopy drawers (44). I had already received from my husband the Valentine Booklet by The Sampler Girl and my children got me purple scissors and a  mini scissor fob from My Big Toe
which I am delighted with :-)

I also joined a birthday and exchange group on Facebook shortly after Christmas called Hearts and Stitches, well one of the members (we are a small group) sent me a stitched card and some skeins of floss which were DMC Flourescent Effects E1010 and E1020 plus DMC Secret Perfume floss in Toffee skein colour 977. This was really speedy as I was not expecting anything before my birthday.


I also received some handmade/stitched cards from Friends Who Count members, a postal/web group that I have been a member of for several years now.

Here are the first two :-

and the second two


I had a really enjoyable day starting off by a lovely walk on the Common with the dog for once in sunshine and  finishing off Christmas food and wine before returning to the health kick.

I spent the afternoon listening to the Top 40 Number 2's that should have been  No. 1. The song I voted for from the 100 selection did not make the Top 40 - that was Blondie's Denis and I only chose it as I liked to many of the list but it was the first single I bought. I did however guess that the No.1 in this chart would be Vienna by Ultravox. I think this wins these sorts of lists not just because it is a great track but also because of the injustice of being denied getting to No. 1 by Joe Dolce's Shaddup yer Face.

WIP/UFO Challenge 2013

Back to stitching now I have also joined the Finish your "old & lost" wips 2013 group on Facebook. Well the five I have selected are really UFO's but I suppose we could reclassify them as "lost".

So here are the 5 I am going to attempt to complete over 2013 - ( I am beginning to think I am going to need more hours in the day but what the heck)

1. How Does Your Garden Grow by Papillon Creations

2. The Proposal by DMC


3. English Garden Blackwork by Just a Moment






4. Elizabethan Peonies by Purple Patch Design




 5. Winter Seasonal Sampler by The Craft Collection



 Hopefully I will complete all these but any progress will be good :-)

A Happy and Healthy 2013 to all my readers, I really appreciate the comments you make and do always try and respond where possible.



4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. I will be the same age as you in March. Look forward to seeing your progress on your UFO/WIPs in 2013. LOVE your scissors and fob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesleyanne, I know I have probably bitten off more than I can chew, but I cannot have the excuse of getting bored :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodluck on your stitching goals.

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...