Followers

Thursday, 3 January 2013

Crazy Challenges 2013 - Day Two

Day Two of the Crazy Challenges and I have already decided to reduce the number to 10 per group. With so much that I want to get done it would be foolish to try and put too much pressure on myself.

2013 Crazy January Challenge - Day Two

Today I chose to work on a chart called Peace design by Helga Mandl and part of the Whimsy Thoughts feature that was in The Gift Of Stitching Magazine September 2007.

I chose to work it on a scrap  of Polstitches Jobelan, using a floss called Tea Roses that I bought from Ebay, not sure of the make, but it is stitching up ok, probably not colorfast though.

The first photo is roughly what the completed design should look like

The second photo is the fabric and thread selection

And the final photo is my progress after an hours stitching


CrosstitchCrazy 2013 - Day Two

For day two of this group I chose to work on the Maia Kit Art Deco lady which was a Christmas present from my daughter Hannah in 2011.


and my progress after an hours stitching

Not the best photo I am afraid but I had to use the flash to get the colours to show at least relatively correctly. The area that is stitched is by the nose and right eye.




4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your challenge Lisa. Nice starts so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, no doubt have bitten off more than I can chew, but I do like to start a new project :-)

      Delete
  2. Two great new starts. Look forward to seeing what is next.

    ReplyDelete