Thursday, 17 January 2013

My First Finish of 2013 and a few other things

I have finally completed a project. I did not think it would be so far into 2013.

It is the Forget me Not design by Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery that was featured in an issue of The Gift of Stitching Magazine. This I was stitching as part of my 2013 January Challenge on Facebook. I used a piece of jobelan from a Polstitches grab bag and used Carrie's Creations threads my own selection that I believed to be closest to the original.



I also have made a few more starts that are not linked to challenges.

The first is for a Valentines exchange in the Hearts and Stitches FB group and the only photo that I will show of this until the recipient has received it is the floss and fabric. I am not going to show the design as I want it to be a surprise for Stephanie Slack.


The second is a small cushion from a book called Mini Cushions in Cross Stitch by Sheena Rogers. I have had this book for sometime and have wanted to make one for quite a while. So I thought why not. I had everything to hand for the design I chose apart from the dark green beads. I chose to stitch Orchid Delight, I am using DMC threads and stitching it on 14ct white aida.

This is the photo from the book of what it should look like when finished.



This is the progress I made on Sunday afternoon






Yesterday I received my fabric and creative grab bag from Polstitches. The fabric is from the New Year Custom Sale and is called Past Times, whether it becomes a main range fabric, we will have to see. I chose for a change to have a piece of Jobelan and not the Opal Linen that I usually go for. I also got a Creative Grab bag just to see what it contained. I am pleased with it contents.


This is my piece of 28 ct Past Times Jobelan from Polstitches


This is the Creative Grab Bag I received 4 different types of threads ribbon, braid, buttons and trimmings - Lovely :-)



Finally I have joined the 2013 Ornament SAL and have put the link on my blog. I have not yet decided what I am going to do for January but I do have until the end of the month to get it completed, it should not be too difficult as I have lots of ornament charts etc.


8 comments:

  1. Wow you are super busy. I love that finish it looks wonderful. Your choice of mini cushion is great I can't wait to see more of it. Lots of lovely goodies there also, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely finish. Look forward to seeing more of your stitching. When will you be stitching on Ariadne?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lesleyanne, Ariadne will be worked on the 2nd and 3rd of Feb, but I have quite a lot of frogging to do as I have made a mistake and am not sure where it happened. So I am not expecting much progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that. I am thinking of trying to get some done on her but I have made such a boobie I will have to start again and am going to start the Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't blame you, Lesleyanne. If I cannot sort it out this time, I might abandon it as I don't really enjoy stitching on 25ct fabric over 1 even with tenting. I have a couple of other HAED UFO's and I may substitute one of those in its place. But I have not yet given up hope of being able to sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy stitching the Orchid Delight from my Mini Cushions book,
    Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheena, I am sure I will, although I wont be able to work on it until my rotation break week in February, I also need to get myself the dark green beads. I have wanted to stitch one of the designs from your book for quite some time. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...