Followers

Monday, 25 February 2013

2013 Ornament SAL - February

This  month I chose to stitch the Mill Hill kit Woodland Santa - Holly and Ivy Santa.  As that is two months that I have done Santa's I have now decided to stitch a Santa each month for this SAL. I  managed to get it completed just in time, for posting my link to the SAL  page on the 27th.

I have not done much stitching on perforated paper and I think if I do some more of these I will mask the edge as my thread kept getting caught on it which was very annoying. That said  I am pleased with the end result. Again cutting out, putting  hanger on and backing I will do at a later date.



24 comments:

  1. He's handsome indeed. Remember my ideas in my post 'smart ideas'? that would be perfect for a small perforated paper piece also.
    http://wilhelmina46.blogspot.ca/2013/02/smart-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wilma, thanks for the comment and yes you are right the 'smart ideas' would work for small perforated paper pieces, must give it a go next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good tip to put masking tape on the edges of the perforated paper. I have had my floss get stuck on the edges, too! Santa looks great! Congrats on your ornament finish this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the hint. I'm sure I use the masking tape next time I stitch on plastic canvas or perforated paper. Your Santa looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great, I have never stitched on Perforated paper either - seems a great choice for ornaments, I will remember masking tape tip. Look forward to seeing your Santa each month

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's adorable! I think that's a great idea you have for taping the edges. My floss used to get caught on the paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's wonderful! And I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one getting annoyed at the threads on the edges of these!

    Congrats on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love him! He's definitely on my stitching list now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely finish, love the Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I haven't done that one, I've done one of the guys in that set! Great job, and yes the floss does snag annoyingly on the edges of the paper. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete