Monday, 4 February 2013

HAED Ariadne - Frogged Argghh !!!

This weekend my rotation was to work on HAED Ariadne. When I put it away last time I knew there was an error on it and so I decided I would frog it. Anyway to cut a long story short coming back to the project I could not find the error and having a good look at my progress, I decided to frog the lot and restart it stitching it 2 over 1 in full crosses on the 25ct Magic Guide from DMC. My reason for this was not only knowing I had an error in my stitching but also the tent stitch I was doing 2 over 1 was not giving the coverage I want, I noticed that there was quite a bit of gapping and white spaces with dark colours on a pale background is not a good result.

Photo below is what she will look like complete

It took me over 5 hours to reverse stitch this project and I have vowed I will not be doing that again. That was on Saturday and on Sunday I managed over several hours to put 454 stitches on to the fabric, so only another 183,296 stitches to go. I am going to move this project to a weekly basis on a Thursday just so that it does grow, otherwise one weekend every 5 weeks is going to take me forever.

Here is my progress

Below is the project that will go into Ariadne's slot in the weekend rotations it is Poppy Lady from Barbara Hammett's Art Nouveau in Cross Stitch book, the first one published around 1999. This was worked as part of a round robin and did not come home completed as it ran out of thread. It has been in my UFO pile for far to long. I picked this using the random number generator. I currently have 141 UFO's and the generator picked 105 which is this project. I apologise for the blurry photo, I will take a better one when it comes up in rotation in March.

8 comments:

  1. Great new start. I look forward to seeing your progress on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coverage is good, Lisa. Like the Poppy lady, never seen this picture before, lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, the Poppy lady is from Barbara Hammets first book on Art Nouveau in Cross Stitch and if I remember rightly there are 3 designs in this style the red one Poppy and then there is a yellow flower and a blue if I remember correctly but cannot remember what flowers they represented.

      Delete
  3. It is annoying when you make mistakes, I admire you for fixing it and carrying on. I have to say I usually scrap the lot and start something new. Wow 141 UFO's! It looks like you are making good progress with them. I am always finding something new I need to buy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was really frustrating and a couple of times I nearly gave up but I am glad I perservered :-)

      Delete

20th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, As always I would like to thank all that read and or commented on my last weeks posting. So here is what I did in th...