Followers

Friday, 8 March 2013

Another Day Knitting

A bit naughty but the yarn that was used in the free knitting pattern from my previous post arrived in the post today and needless to say, I got started on it.

Yarn - Debbie Bliss Luxury Silk DK 100% Silk
Needles - Knit Pro Wooden

This Debbie Bliss yarn  is quite pricey at around £8.95 a ball but you do only need one 50 g ball to make the scarf  from Black Sheep Wools Free Scarf Pattern.

It is a joy to stitch with this and the Knit Pro needles are so much nicer to work with. I found I got less wrist pain as they are very light and the yarn slips easily off the needles but does not come off unless you want it to. With metal and plastic needles it is always a bit of a fight for me as I have quite a tight tension ordinarily which I put down to being left handed but knit right handed.

Anyway I had hoped to get the scarf completed in one day. I am not the quickest knitter and did not quite manage it. Below is my progress I am hoping to complete it today but this will be fitted in around me working on Chrysanthemum Fairy.

Yarn - Debbie Bliss Luxury Silk DK shade 46 Circus
Progress after 1 day approx 30 inches long

Apologies for the poor quality photo no natural light when taken, the first photo is much more accurate for colorway.


6 comments:

  1. That wool is gorgeous Lisa. You've made brilliant progress on your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, I am enjoying it, I just wish I was a bit quicker. The silk yarn is so soft, I am thinking of making another in a more muted colour combination.

      Delete
  2. Lisa, the yarn looks delicious...what gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wilma, I have enjoyed knitting it. The silk is so soft. I have completed it today and will be in my next post.

      Delete
  3. Lovely progress on your scarf.

    ReplyDelete