Followers

Friday, 1 March 2013

Polstitches Hardanger SAL - Week One

I am a member of the Polstitches Designs Facebook Group and I have dabbled with Hardanger for a longtime but never been that happy with my results. When Jo Critchley said she was going to do a Hardanger SAL with the group I signed up straight away. Well today is March 1st and the email with week ones instructions has arrived.
 
The SAL pack contains a photo cover of the finished design, Spun Gold 28ct Jobelan Polstitches Fabric, DMC Floss in 372, 472 and 730, Polstitches DragonFloss in Mummies Curse and a ball of Finca No 8 in shade 3000 plus some Mill Hill Beads in 03017.

 I feel fairly confident that I will have done week one correctly as it is just the Kloster Blocks this week using Finca No 8 in shade 3000. Because the overall design does contain cutwork, Jo has advised to do a separate practice piece. So this morning I have worked on both the actual SAL and using a piece of scrap Jobelan from Polstitches and some Chameleon No 8 in Summer Sunset, I have worked a practice piece.

Practice Piece

Actual SAL

The online SAL is now closed but Jo will be releasing this design through her website in the next few weeks Polstitches Designs

6 comments:

  1. Looking good so far, Lisa. Looking forward to next update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your hardangar. I have always admired this form of needlework and even gave it a try once. However I think it's best I just stick to my cross stitch.
    This is a lovely pattern and you've made a great start to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, I have had numerous attempts at Hardanger too, but when it comes to cutting and doing Dove's Eye, I seem to make a hash of it. Hopefully not this time :-)

      Delete