Sunday, 21 April 2013

Bringing my Blog up to date.

What follows is a photo record of what I have been up to over the last couple of weeks. You will see I am a bit all over the place, but I am currently just doing as I  fancy. Will try and get back on track as  from May 6th onwards.

Firstly the crochet Granny Squares I have been doing- using Stylecraft Special DK. I have not done any for over a week now, but will return to these soon and I will attempt to get 1 done every couple of days. It has taken me 15 years to learn to do it and a little time to create a blanket will not matter.
The Joan Elliott Peacock, I did do a little more on it before putting it away for awhile.
Next I finished a card as part of the FWC Card Exchange. This time the theme was animal cards so I stitched a stag.
I then dragged out a Prairie Schooler design I had started some time ago. It is January. Below is my starting point and how much I got done.
The next thing I undertook was to stitch a patchwork square that was in Issue 204 of Mary Hickmott's New Stitches magazine. The original design used Anchor Multicolour thread I converted it to the nearest DMC Color Variations thread and I am really pleased with the result.
I then decided to sort out my Santa for this months ornament SAL not having completed last months. I chose this cute Santa cone from an old issue of The Gift of Stitching digital magazine.


After waiting for 8 weeks my Needle Needs Complete Workstation 1 arrived that is the Necessaire Floor stand and the Millennium Frame with two bar lengths of 20 inches and 12 inches. It was worth the weight the frame holds the fabric lovely and tight.
I then agreed to take part in the What's App weeklong SAL and so decided to work on a different sampler. That was the Paws and Claws Sampler by Long Dog Samplers and originally published in The Gift of Stitching digital magazine.
Sorry the second photo not so good, poor lighting.

I have also started work on the Spring Butterfly Chart from AAN designs that is in the Mar/Apr issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. I am stitching it on Polstitches Blue Moon Jobelan using the recommended DMC threads

again apologies for the poor photo but below is my progress so far



Finally not a stitchy thing but a flower. My Mum gave me a cutting of a wallflower that I bought her a couple of years ago and it is now in bloom. I think it is really pretty.


I am now going back to the Isle of Wight for my Father's funeral and when I return I hope that I will be blogging more regularly and leaving comments on the blogs I follow.







Bye for now

Lisa






12 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and crocheting Lisa. Hope the funeral goes as well as it can. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, your stitching en crocheting is beautiful. Hugs, Amarins

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing all your progress pictures. Love some of the fabric you're using.
    Prayers for you as you go to say your final farewell...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great update Lisa. Awesome progress on all your stitching and granny squares. Congrats on the finishes.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous stitching :D You have so many lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...