Followers

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Oh Um a New Cross Stitch Start and More Crochet !!

In the last couple of weeks my stitching mojo has got up and left me and although I have tried to do some I have struggled. Then on Tuesday I saw a wonderful finish of Joan Elliott's Swirly Peacock design on Facebook and I thought about it and knew I had some fabric which I thought it could look good on. So I got the pattern from my Joan Elliott folder and then went through my floss spares boxes and what do you know I had all the DMC bar one to do the design. So you've guessed it I hemmed my fabric put it on my R & R frame and made a start.

Now you may be asking what about the Stitching Plan I wrote about in a previous post, well I will be returning to this as soon as my metallic thread arrives that I  need to use on Chrysanthemum Fairy as I would like to complete the pages beading, backstitches and metallics before moving on to the next page, I contacted my supplier yesterday and they are expecting a delivery of the Kreinik next week. So come Mid April I will be returning to the plan and will fit this one in as an extra
Whilst I was working on this I had a knock on the door and a big packet of yarn had arrived. My order from Deramores for the Stylecraft Special DK yarn pack.
Initially I had intended only using the pink and purple shades to make my crochet bedspread but then realised that would mean half the pack would not get used. So what I now intend to do is always have the 5th and final round of each square in Plum the shade that is top left in my photo above. Then what I intend to do is remove the first colour and add in a new shade so that all colours get used. You should be able to see what I mean from the photos below.


16 comments:

  1. Lovely new start. Look at all that beautiful yarn. I love your colour system for your crochet squares

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peacock (and your choice of fabric), and your granny squares!

    I'm sorely tempted to start a new design, but I'm resisting at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, I should not have started something new but I have so struggled to be motivated the last couple of weeks and when I saw a completed one on Facebook the other day I thought what the heck.

      Delete
  3. Glad you have found your stitching mojo. Love the colours in the Peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That peacock is going to be amazing! I love that fabric you chose to stitch it on, and look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one lovely peacock...he's going to look great on your fabric. I'm stitching a small peacock at the moment myself ;)
    The afghan is going to be very cosy and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your squares look great and I love your new start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new start. Lovely new yarn and grannie squares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous new start. It's so pretty.

    What a lovely collection of wool. Your squares are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete