Followers

Monday, 6 May 2013

AOY, Sabrina, Butterfly card and more :-)

In the last week I have worked on a couple of cross stitch projects. Firstly I dug out an All Our Yesterdays kit called In the Poppy Field , but which I refer to as The Windmill as there is a windmill in the background. I spent a couple of days working on this and this is where it is now.


Having had a few odd weeks not really doing anything much just a bit of this and that, I have decided to return to my Stitching plan which means on Monday 6th I will be back to working on Joan Elliott's Chrysanthemum Fairy on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday until it is completed. On Wednesday I will work on Martha Jones which is the second project on my Stitching plan and the weekends I am going to alternate monthly between Mirabilia Sabrina and January Garnet Fairy. To this end I actually worked on Sabrina this weekend and below is my progress



I am also currently stitching a card as part of my FWC Card Exchange, the theme this time is butterflies and below is my progress to date. I need to get this completed and posted in the next week. I have stitched it on 14ct DMC butterfly aida


This week I also received a prize from a Giveaway that I entered in Cross Stitcher magazine. It is Bothy Threads - Gorjuss The Last Rose kit, it was a really pleasant surprise. I think in the almost 20 years that I have been entering cross stitch competitions and giveaways this is the 5th time I have won anything.


Finally a close up photo of my cherry tree. We planted this shortly after we moved here nearly 11 years ago and it is the first time I have realised what a lovely delicate scent the blossom has. I probably have not noticed it before as usually we have had winds that have blown the blossom away anyway, it is a pretty blossom but also one that smells divine


Well that's it for this  posting

Bye for  now

Lisa



14 comments:

  1. Great work on your projects. Well done on winning such a sweet chart, looking forward to seeing your progress on it when you decide to start it. I love Cherry Blossom trees they are so beautiful I have never noticed their scent before will have to checked that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly looks pretty.All these photos of plants and trees on everyone's blogs is making me want to sort my garden out.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress and a sweet new start. Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on the stitching; AOY are so delightful!

    Super shot of the blossoms...spring is such a marvelous time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Win.. Winning anything is so much fun, how special when the prize is cross stitch.

    So happy you were able to enjoy the Cherry Blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on all your pieces Lisa. Congrats on winning the kit.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a wonderful rotation plan. It seems like I stitch on something different every day of the week. The butterfly Aida is just perfect for your Butterfly. Happy stitching, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have managed to stick to the plan for 10 days so far, so we shall see how long it is before I get bored, but I will try to keep it up.

      Delete