Monday, 27 May 2013

Here's What I Have Been Doing Since My Last Post Including May's Christmas Ornament

Hi Blogger Friends

I have been very lax of late in keeping up with my Blog, but at least I have been doing some stitching.

The following is my latest update.

Firstly here is this months Ornament for the 2013 Ornament SAL, I chose to stitch one of the Santa's from the Prairie Schooler Bk 20. St. Nicholas - as usual I will finish it off nearer to Christmas ready for my tree.



As I have managed to hurt my shoulder and neck I have been unable to sit and stitch at either of my Lowery Stand or my new Needle Needs one, so I have been using hand frames, hoops or stitching freehand. Below is what I have been up to


This will eventually be a folded needlesafe. It is worked on a linen band so no difficult finishing is required so I should be able to make it up without to much difficulty. It includes lots of different speciality stitches and I enjoyed my evening working on it. I actually made quite a bit of progress.


I spent a day working on Janury by Prairie Schooler and had a very good stitching session.


I then started work on my next FWC Card Exchange project, above is the start I have made it will be Foxgloves when completed, hopefully by my next post.


I then spent a couple of evenings working on English Garden, it is coming along very well and I am hoping to get this completed before the end of May.

The next bit of stitching I have worked on recently is the Roll Your Own Mandala which is a design by Tracy Horner of Ink Circles and can be found at this yahoo group page Roll Your Own 2013 .
Basically the design consists of four colour families and you select your own colours.
Below is my start on the colours I chose. I have so far come up with about 12 different combinations, it is a lot of fun.

Finally I dragged out my All Our Yesterdays design In the Poppy Field, below is my progress to date.


I have also managed to do some work on my Crochet Blanket, I am hoping by the winter it will be big enough to cover my legs it is currently about 2 foot square.




This has been my 99th post since restarting my Blog last November. For my 100th post I will do a giveaway and so will have a looksy through my stash and see what I can come up with for it.

Bye for now

Lisa

30 comments:

  1. Wow that's a huge amount of crafty progress. Well done. I love your Santa ornament finish, he looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Your stitching is looking beautiful and I love your crochet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got a lot done this month! I love the santa! Hope your shoulder/neck are feeling better. I can so relate to that pain!

    I had my 100th post last week and did a teeny giveaway too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Lisa. You have been one busy stitcher and crocheter. I love all the projects your working on and you have made great progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stitched that Prairie Schooler once for an aunt (as a pillow). Very cute. I love his blue jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love PS designs which is why I often do them :-)

      Delete
  6. You have been stitching a ton. Love all the different charts you are working on. Clicked over to see the InkCircles Group. It looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Santa ornament and so many lovely projects! Hope you feel better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes my shoulder and neck pain seem to be getting better, but I am sticking to the smaller projects for a while yet.

      Delete
  8. Love the Santa and your black work on the English Garden looks great. I'm not sure I have the patience! I certainly feel your pain (no pun intended!) as I also have pain in those areas too. I think mine is just stress though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly - I have absolutely no patience which is one of the reasons I stitch as it makes me slow down and take time, I also love blackwork but weirdly do not like lots of backstitching on cross stitch designs - doesn't make sense I know :-)

      Delete
  9. You have stitched a lot! Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching! Particularly the Prairie Schooler projects. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for commenting on my blog , you're a no reply person so I popped over to return the favour. You've got loads of lovely projects here, I really like the Prairie Schooler January and the English Garden black work too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitches, love your Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have made an incredible amount of progress this month! Congrats! Your projects all look lovely. I love your PS Santa. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great blog update, Lisa! You've really been stitching away! The Santa ornie looks great. The Strawberry Needlesafe will be so nice. I like the bright colors. Looking forward to seeing the pretty Foxgloves on the card. Your English Garden blackwork is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...