Followers

Tuesday, 25 June 2013

A Quick Stitchy Update

Hi Blogger Friends

So this quick update and starts with a granny square

I then made a start on the next FWC Card Exchange. This time the theme is Christmas so I selected a Margaret Sherry Cover Kit as it has a lovely card mount for the design. Below is my progress so far

Next comes my progress on the All Our Yesterdays In the Poppyfields design

I then had a break from Cross stitching and made a start on a Garter Stitch Cowl. I am using some Crofter Chunky yarn that I had originally bought to make a cardigan, but the pattern was to complex for me, so as I live in scarves and cowls during the winter I decided to make a scarf/cowl and at least it is now being put to use.
I finally got around to starting this months Christmas ornament and below is my progress so far. I think I  may be a few days late in completing this one.
I did 6 hours work on the Polstitches Pixie SAL - Pansy below is my progress. I am really pleased with my fabric choice
and my final piece of stitching is from last night. I chose to have a little play and see if I could do the Wessex Stitchery shapes that are in this month edition of Mary Hickmott's New Stitches magazine. I apologise for the awful photo, but it was fun to do
Non stitchy news

Below are photos of my daughters new tattoo - although I would not want one I think this one is actually quite nice. Second photo is of a piece of my sons final art project for which he got a distinction. Apparently the art style is known as Outsider Art. And finally my attempt to take a photo of the Super moon - well you can see it isn't very good but I did try :-)


That is it for now


Lisa






11 comments:

  1. Hello

    Lovely granny squares and good progress with your wips.
    Great tattoo and artwork and the moon photo is amazing (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on all your projects. Congrats to your son on his distinction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update. Love everything your working on.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress on all your projects. Great tattoo and art project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All Our Yesterdays is such a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete