Followers

Monday, 8 July 2013

52 Weeks - 52 Things Week 1 plus Stitching Update

Hi Blogger Friends

Well I am now one week into my challenge. So some things I have been successful at and other things not so. So here is my update.

52 WEEKS - 52 THINGS

BOOKS

Firstly I did not purchase any books this week. All that comes below is from library loans etc (1/52)

From the 6 challenges here I am currently reading two Non-Fiction books which are:

A Visitors Companion to Tudor England by Suzannah Lipscomb (which I will finish in this coming week as it is due back at library)

Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer by Jane Brocket, which is in essence a cookery book, in that it features recipes from children's literature over a period of approximately 100 years 1860 - 1960. I am really enjoying this one.

I listened to one audio book The Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer so that is (1/12) in my challenges done.

I have also read each day from  The Bible which was my final book challenge. I am using the Alpha NIV Bible in a Year. I don't really understand half of what I have read, but I have read it (1/52).

TV/FILM/RADIO/SOCIAL MEDIA

From this set of challenges I managed to listen to 1 spoken word radio programme which was the Wimbledon Men's Semi Final and it was an interesting experience listening to a sport and not actually watching it. (1/52)

I also managed one day without social media (1/52)

But most of the other challenges under this heading I failed at, the second semi final on Friday meant I did not manage to steer clear of TV for the whole day, it was about 8.30 in the evening when I finally gave in and turned the TV on - never mind!!

CRAFTS

I did not purchase any cross stitch stash this week (1/52).
I did 3 Granny Squares, photos will be in my stitchy update at the end of this post (1/52).
And I did not buy any magazines (1/52).

FOOD/COOKING

My Vegetarian day was Wednesday  (1/52)and on this day I also made a recipe new to me (1/52). Hannah (my Veggie daughter ) and I had Broccoli with Penne Pasta in a lemon and stock sauce. It was quite nice and I will probably cook it again.

I did not however manage to stick to meal plan or my budget, but I still spent a lot less than I do in a normal week. This is something to work on but I will get there.

GARDEN

I did do a lot more gardening than I normally do but have realised that my challenge will fail as I will not be spending an hour everyday in the garden. Some tasks take longer but my general fitness needs to improve for me to achieve this and currently the heat has been a problem at the latter part of week one. Still I do intend to do some gardening every day and that will be achievable.

HEALTH

On Monday I went and did my first monthly weight and body fat measurement at Boots (1/12)
I have had not had any 114g Galaxy Chocolate in fact I have had no chocolate at all (1/52)
I did manage my 10,000 steps a day (1/52) and on one day I did 18,000 steps so quite pleased with that.
I did manage to drink my 8 glasses of water each day (1/52)

FINANCE

I have saved all £2 coins and my husband decided he would contribute any he has in in pockets as well so total in my Cow moneybox so far £24
My shrapnel total so far is £1.13
and I have managed to turn off lights not use tumble dryer unnecessarily etc.(1/52)

OTHER

From my final list of challenges this is what I achieved
I have not bitten my nails (1/52)

I have started Journaling and bought myself a lovely A5 ish in size Moleskine black journal and I am using the 365 Journal Writing Ideas by Rossi Fox to help me with prompts, so it isn't all got up did this did that sort of thing. I am really enjoying it so far and have in fact done my first bit of creative writing since leaving school. Now admittedly it wasn't very good but I did it (1/52)


And finally for the challenges section of this post Keep Loubie's Lot up to date which I am doing now (1/52).

STITCHING UPDATE

 As I mentioned it in the above my first photo is of my 3 Granny Squares I did this week.

So to cross stitching. I continued working on the Polstitches Pixie SAL - Pansy and did 7 hours taking my total time to 32 hrs
and as it is July I have been doing Christmas in July working on 6 Fat Men by Lizzie Kate the first photo is my starting point as it is yet another of my UFO's
and below is my progress after 2.5 hrs

Bye for Now

Lisa




5 comments:

  1. I have just read your 52/52. I really think this is an amazing idea, and have to do this. I hope to be ready by August 1. I will post on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy doing it Melinda :-)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your 52 things 52 weeks.

    Lovely stitching and crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire you for making goals and meeting them! Amazing! You got a lot of stitching done, along with reading and walking too!

    ReplyDelete