Followers

Monday, 5 August 2013

52 Weeks - 52 Things Week 5 plus Stitching Update

Hi Blogger Friends,

Below is my weekly update on my challenges I have set myself for the coming year. Some as you will see are going really well, others are yet to get off the ground and some I don't seem to be achieving at all. But that is part of the fun of doing it and to be honest I am doing better than I thought I would so far.

52 WEEKS - 52 THINGS WEEK 5

BOOKS

Still no books purchased (5/52)
Finished reading the Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick. The first in a trilogy of books about Eleanor of Aquitaine. I did enjoy it but am really looking forward to the next one as this deal with her marriage to Henry II. (1/52)
I am currently still reading The Light Between Oceans and The Virgin Widow and have now also started on Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (it's a library loan so have not got much time left).

I finished reading the Non-Fiction book Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer by  Jane Brocket (2/12). Essentially a cook book but filled with lovely nostalgia of a lot of books I read as a child. Really recommend this one. Loved it.

I have started reading the 5:2 Diet by Kate Harrison. I purchased this book on Kindle back in December when it was first published and had not given it much thought since, it was on offer. Anyway my husband went to his doctors the other day and she suggested he give it a go as he had successfully lost weight before on quite a low calorie diet. With this you basically eat normally 5 days a week and eat a restricted calorie intake on 2 days around about the 500 calorie mark for women. I am about a quarter of the way through the book at the moment and it does seem quite interesting. I am still undecided as to whether I will give it a go or not.

I finished listening to the audio book of Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (2/12) and have now started listening to the next in the series Dragonfly in Amber. I love this series of books and Jamie Fraser is my book hero - if only a real version existed :-)

I have continued reading The Bible every day (5/52)

TV/FILM/RADIO/SOCIAL MEDIA

I have not met any of my challenges this week. That said I have decided to take a 50 day break from Facebook starting the 12th August 2013, just to try and get a few things done. As much as I love seeing what is going on out there, it does waste my time. Last year I took a break for all of November and after the first few days I did not miss it. Who knows what I will get done in that time, hopefully plenty.

CRAFTS

No Stash purchased (5/52)
No Magazines purchased (5/52)
I did a couple of rounds on  my crochet lap blanket. Photo in stitching update at the end.

FOOD

My Veggie day was Monday (4/52)

GARDEN

Nothing done here !!

HEALTH

Did my monthly weigh in and body fat measurement at Boots (2/12). I did have a loss which was a surprise as my new health kick has not got off to the best of starts. Anyway I lost 2lbs and more importantly I think 2% body fat.

Still had no chocolate (5/52)

Did not manage my 10,000 steps 5 days a week this week. I currently have my Mum staying and she cannot do that level of walking, so I will get back on to this one from the 12th August 2013.

8 glasses of water drunk each day (5/52)

FINANCE

Another £2 to go in my Cow piggy bank so that total is now £42
This week there was  68 pence in shrapnel so the Pig piggy bank now has £4.13 in it.

OTHER

I still have not bitten my nails although I did have to trim them as they have become brittle and flaky and to be honest I prefer them a bit shorter (5/52)

I went on the bus to Gloucester, the journey took me about an hour each way and cost £6.30 return, so I would not be doing it that often. I would choose one of the hottest days of the year and the bus was packed as I managed to pick the first one where the OAP's can use their bus passes for free travel. I had a good couple of hours there and then got the same bus home. Next time I do this I will get on the pre 9.30 am bus so it isn't so crowded. I am glad I did it finally venturing a bit further from home. (1/12)

I have continued journaling each day (5/52)

I have kept Loubie's Lot up to date with at least a weekly post (5/52)

STITCHING UPDATE

The first thing I managed to do was complete stitching the card for the FWC Card Exchange cute theme.
I decided I wanted to have a bit of blackwork in my stitching workload so started on Just a Moment Blackwork Gardens, the one I am working on is the Scottish Garden, I already completed the English Garden earlier in the year and have the Welsh and Irish charts in my stash. This is worked on 16ct white aida. I have decided to make Friday nights my blackwork time and below is my progress so far.

I made a little progress on Pansy this week. I am hoping to have a better update next week.
As stated earlier I have done a little more on my crochet lap blanket. It is growing and I am hopeful I will complete it before the winter arrives.
I have made a start on my August Santa Ornament for the 2013 Ornament SAL. This time I have chosen to work in metallic silver thread on black aida. The design will be of Santa in his sleigh with his reindeer. The thread I am using is Madeira metallic and I do not like it, but I will persevere and complete it.
Finally I have made a start on the final card in the current round of the FWC Card Exchange. This time the theme is cards suitable for 4-5 year old boys or girls. I have chosen to stitch this cute duck card and the photo also shows my progress so far.





So that is where I have got to this week.

Until next time

Bye for now

Lisa :-)








5 comments:

  1. Hello Lisa

    What a fab post. Congrats on doing so well with your challenges.
    Lovely stitching too!
    Have a good week (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great with your challenges Lisa. Love all your stitching.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are doing great on both your goals and your stitching. Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete