Wednesday, 7 August 2013

My New Stitching Plan from Now until January 2014

Hi Blogger Friends,

I have been getting a little overwhelmed by the amount of UFO's and WIP's that I have, so decided I  needed to pick a few and concentrate on them.

Below you will find my stitching plan for the next few months. At the end of January 2014 I will assess where I am and decide if this system works for me. This plan is starting on the 12th August 2013.

AUGUST

I have two main projects I would like to complete this month they are Pansy by Nora Corbett that was the latest Polstitches SAL and the Hardanger project which was the previous Polstitches SAL from earlier this year. Below are where I am at with both projects.

SEPTEMBER

In September I aim to complete the Roll Your Own 2013 Mandala project by Ink Circles and  the Little House Needleworks project The Rain FellBelow again are photos of where I am with these

OCTOBER

In October I will be working on the Nora Corbett Halloween Fairy - Trick or Treat that was in one of the American Needlecraft Magazines. My progress to date is below

NOVEMBER

I will work on the Lavender and Lace Celtic Autumn in the alternate colourway in November. I don't expect to complete this but do hope to make some good progress. Below is where I will be starting from.
DECEMBER

In December I am going to spend my time completing the Papa Noel Ornament by Faby Reilly that I started earlier this year as one of my Ornaments for the 2013 Ornament SAL. I will also make up all the other pieces of stitching I have done in this SAL into ornaments to go on my tree in December. Below is my starting point
JANUARY

As it is January I will work on Mirabilia January Garnet Fairy. Again I doubt I will complete this in one month, but I intend to give it a good go. Starting point for this project is below.




The above are the main projects I will be working on but so that I do not get bored I will also work on the following projects :-


Sampler Wednesdays
The first project I will attempt to complete by stitching on every Wednesday beginning the 14th August 2013 is How Does Your Garden Grow which was a SAL a couple of years ago from Papillon Creations. Below is my starting point
And as I anticipate completing this one within the weeks available from now until the end of January 2014, I will then move on to Martha Jones 1792 from European Reproduction Samplers. Progress so far is below
Friday Night is Blackwork Night

I will be working on Just a Moment's Scottish Garden every Friday Night. I may get this completed in the time available and if so I will then move on to Welsh Garden by the same company. Photo's of the completed design and my progress so far plus what the Welsh Garden looks like.
Strictly Come Dancing - Saturday and Sunday

Around about Mid September until Christmas on UK television we have the Strictly Come Dancing competition where celebrities pair up with professional ballroom dancers and each week someone is eliminated until a winner is chosen at the end. I believe in most other countries it is called Dancing with the Stars. Anyway to get to the point I have two Heritage Crafts John Clayton Dancers in progress so I intend to work on one of these on Saturday and the other one on Sunday whilst this programme is airing. Below is where I am starting from on both these projects.



The only other projects to be worked on are the remaining ornaments for the Ornament SAL 2013. My current one for August being this metallic santa on black aida. I have not decided on my projects for September through to December yet, only that they will be Santas.






So this is the plan for the coming months. This time I do intend to stick to it. So wish me luck for lots of great stitching and progress on these projects. Hopefully I will have a few completions by the end of January 2014.




Well that's it for this post.

Bye for now

Lisa





5 comments:

  1. Wow you put alot of thought into your new rotation. I am sure you will get so much done. Many of these are stunning and I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Loubie

    What a lot of gorgeous projects. It's a great rotation and I hope you have lots of finishes (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to seeing your progress on your gorgeous projects. I hope you achieve all you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa! You have set some awesome goals for yourself. Good luck with them and I look forward to seeing some finishes.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great set of goals! I look forward to seeing the completions.
    Mary
    http://marygracescrossstitch.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...