Followers

Saturday, 31 August 2013

Stitching Update End of August 2013 and a note on my Challenges

Hi Blogger Friends,

Well I have not had time to do much on my blog lately.But as I do  not want it to go to awry I am posting some photos of the stitching I have done over the last few weeks since my last blog post.

As for my challenges they are pretty much as they were. The things I was managing to do I have maintained. Next week I will hopefully have the time to post a proper update of where I am on those.

Firstly Pansy has been put  away for a little while. I am hoping to come back to her before the end of the year but I have run out of one of the metallic threads and do not want to place an order for just that, so will wait until I need a few other pieces before continuing.

The photo below is my work to date on How Does Your Garden Grow by Papillon Creations. I have a little more work to do on Part 11 before moving on to the final part and the remainder of beading. I am really very pleased at how this is turning out.
The second photo is of the Christmas Ornament I have done for this month and because I so hated the metallic thread I was using to do a Santa one I have abandoned it and instead stitched this quick and easy Tartan ornament from the latest issue of New Stitches Magazine.
I have also managed to do one more days work on Scottish Garden the blackwork piece I have been working on from Just A Moment. I am really enjoying working  on this. It is very relaxing stitching.
The only other real stitching I have done since my last post is to make a start on the Blackbird Designs Violet's Blue. I am using DMC threads and Polstitches 28ct Dreamscape

and this is my progress so far
I apologise for the slightly blurred photo. I will continue with this project once How Does Your Garden Grow is completed - it will become my Sampler Wednesday project then.

Well that is all for now. I will try and keep on top  of this blogging lark, sometimes it is not easy finding the time and sorting the photos etc, but I will try.

Bye for now

Lisa





3 comments:

  1. Great ornament, Lisa! The garden piece is lovely, and almost done! I did that myself a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on all your pieces Lisa and cute finish.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete