Sunday, 8 September 2013

Stitching Update 6th September 2013

Hi Blogger Friends

Below you will find this week Stitching update

.So I have now established my stitching schedule for the coming weeks.

Saturday and Sunday

Every Saturday and Sunday until Christmas  I will be working on Viennese Waltz or Argentine Tango by John Clayton for Heritage Crafts. As there are still 16 Saturdays and Sundays to go  I may even complete these by then.

Below are photos of my starting points, followed by where I got to.
 This is after 4 hrs stitching.My stitching involved frogging the area which is the arm. This is stitched in a blend of white and skin tone. I had previously stitched it in lilac and skin tone (see 1st photo). It was an easy mistake to make as one has this / symbol the other \ that symbol. So I would say I probably spent 1/2 hr frogging and restitching that section. That said I am pleased with my progress.




I managed to do 3 hrs stitching on Argentine Tango and again I am pleased with my progress.

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday

On these days I will be working on Joan Elliott's Chrysanthemum Fairy and I will continue on this piece until it is completed. Hopefully sometime this autumn.
 I did not manage to get a great amount of time worked on this project, mainly a couple of hours on Monday and Thursday and nothing on the Tuesday. I am hoping for better things next week. So here is where I am now at with Chrysanthemum Fairy

Wednesday


How Does Your Garden Grow
From this - to this
and a close up of Part 11

Friday

Scottish Garden
From this - to this
So this is all the stitching I have managed over the last week. On the whole I am pleased with the progress I am making.

As for my challenges well they  have sort of died a death, but I did manage them for a few weeks and that is something. Who knows perhaps in January I will revive them.

Bye for now

Lisa





6 comments:

  1. Great progress on your wips. I do kove the John Clayton ones. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything looks great. I too love the John Clayton ones. They look fab. I think they will have to go one my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching, looking forward to seeing them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on all your projects Lisa. I really like the John Clayton ones.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome stitching. Sounds as if you have a wonderful plan to finish off the year, Fingers Crossed all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dancing pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...