Followers

Monday, 13 January 2014

Stitching Plan Week 1 - 2014

Hi Blogger Friends,

Well the 6th January saw me start on my 52 Weeks of Stitching Madness a.k.a My Stitching Plan for 2014.

The first project to be embarked upon was Country Cottage Needleworks Cottage of the Month - February.

Below was my starting point. I gave myself Mon - Fri to work on it and I was very pleased to complete it on Thursday.

I used 28ct Lambswool linen and the recommended threads.

On Saturday I started on my first new start of 2014. It is a Peacock by Lesley Teare from an old issue of Cross Stitch Gold magazine. I am using Anchor threads, and I changed the DMC metallics to Rainbow Gallery as I find it easier to work with. I am stitching it on a piece of 28ct white Jobelan.
My aim was to do at least 3 hrs stitching which I did manage. I will be stitching on this for the remaining Saturdays in January and then on Saturdays in May and September. I am hoping that this will see some good  progress by the end of September.

On Sunday I started on one of my BAP's (Big-Ass Projects) that has been a UFO for awhile. The first one chosen was Winter Sunset by Maia. Again I wanted to do at least 3 hrs work and this was achieved. Also like my Saturday New Start , this will be worked on for the remaining Sundays of January and then again in May and September.

As well as working on these projects I continued with one of the Caroller cards I had been working on over Christmas and this is where this one currently is
I will work on this as and when I have a spare few minutes so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to complete it.

I have been a member of the FWC (Friends Who Count) cross stitch club for many years but have not been that active of late. So I decided I would do a round robin this year. Well the other day I got the confirmation email that it was good to go and it will start on the 25th January. So I had to find something to stitch for it. As I had a nice piece of Primrose 14ct Aida I decided to stitch Ink Circles RYO Reloaded in one of the Sunflower options and DMC threads. I am stitching all the black outline and will let the other members fill in the colours.

Below is the colour palette and where I have got to so far.

And as if I did not have enough to be doing I also crocheted 6 Granny Squares for my blanket which will be completed one day.
Finally just checking my previous post I did not show my completion of the third Caroller card so here it is, this was completed prior to the 6th Jan, but after New Year.
So that is it for week one and it has been successful. Let's hope that week two goes the same way. My main project for the next two weeks is a sampler.

Bye for now

Lisa


10 comments:

  1. Well done, Lisa: looking forward to next update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. You have some really beautiful projects on the go. I look forward to seeing how you get on with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the adorable finishes Lisa. Love your granny squares. Makes me want to make some. Lovely new starts. Good luck with your rotation.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all your projects :) your little house is really cute!

    ReplyDelete