Followers

Monday, 20 January 2014

Stitching Plan Week 2 - 2014

Hi Blogger Friends,

Well this week saw me lose two stitching days. I had to go to the hospital to have my left eye looked at with the view to having a couple of eyelashes removed that are growing down onto the eye due to me having had a mole partially removed about 16 years ago. So basically I got myself in a state the day before going to hospital and was so physically drained after the visit that I did no stitching for those two days. The result of the visit, as my eye wasn't currently irritated/infected which was the reason I went to doctors in the first place I will now go to a different hospital at the end of February to have the offending eyelashes removed by electrolysis and no doubt will get myself in a tizzy then too !

So below is what I have achieved

This weeks main project was Jane Greenoff's Elizabethan Sampler. I believe this is my oldest UFO having purchased and started it somewhere around the late 1990's.

This was my starting point
and this is my progress
I managed 8 hrs stitching this week I am pleased with my progress.

On Saturday I returned to working  on Peacock

My starting point this week was this
This is where I am at now

On Sunday I stitched again on Winter sunset below was my starting point
and here is where I got to
So these were my main projects for the week.

I also did some work on my charity square project for SFPSFC which I need to get finished and sent to them before April. I am stitching a Bambi below is my starting point and where I got to this week

This week I also sorted out what I am doing for my first project in this years Cross Stitch Smalls SAL 2014. I chose The Sampler Girl Christmas Ornament from the 2013 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments magazine. I am stitching it on a grab bag piece of linen from Crafty Kitten and am using floss I had in my stash plus the recommended DMC threads. Below is a photo of the project floss and fabric and then where I have got to this week.
Finally I continued with my outlining on the FWC RR that I need to get ready by the end of this coming week. Below is my progress





After completing my second week on my Stitching Plan for 2014 I have made a decision. As usual I think I have bitten off more than I can chew. Also my main aim for setting up a Stitching Plan was to reduce my UFO pile and also have more completions. With this in mind I am now going to do the following:-

Week 1 = Small Project UFO's as in album

Weeks 2 and 3 = Larger UFO currently this is Elizabethan Sampler and I will now continue with this each 2 +3 week until completed.

Week 4 = Cards as in album plus a general catch-up.

Saturdays New Start will be Peacock until completed
Sundays BAP will be Winter Sunset until completed

I will then move on to the next projects on the Stitching Plan list. Anything I do not get to this year I will move to next. My overall aim is not to have bags and boxes filled with half finished projects so I think this will be far more effective.

Well that's it for this week.

Bye for now

Lisa






8 comments:

  1. Lovely progress and starts Lisa.

    Glad you're getting your eye sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new plan. Your stitching looks gorgeous. I hope you get on okay with the eye doctor. My husband has had a similar procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lisa. You made wonderful progress on all your projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your progress on the Peacock. What a great design and I love the colors!
    I need to make a stitching plan like you. Maybe I would get more done.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete