Followers

Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Stitching Plan Week 3 - 2014

Hi Blogger Friends,

Sorry this post is a couple of days late but I have had a few computer issues.

So here is my update for Mon 20th - Sunday 26th January 2014

Elizabethan Sampler - went from this
to this
I will be returning to this project on the 10th February 2014.

Peacock - went from this
to this
I didn't get very much done as I had a really bad headache, so hopefully a better bit of progress this coming Saturday.

Winter Sunset - went from this
to this
I was pleased with the progress on this one - I think it is now beginning to take shape.

FWC Round Robins

My preparation for this robin went from this
to this


This is the end of my preparation and I posted it on to the first person on the robin list on Saturday 25th January 2014. Next weeks robin update will show my stitching on the first robin I have received.

Finally stitching wise I made my daughter a birthday card for her 19th birthday. She likes things oriental and I think she was quite pleased with this which was a cover kit from one of the magazines I think it was Cross Stitcher.

 And this is the photo I posted of her on her birthday to FB I think she is about 3 or 4 in the photo and pretty much as always she is gurning :-)


I did not get any stitching done on either my Charity piece or my XS Smalls SAL piece - I am hoping I will do over this coming week.

The reason for lack of stitching was I got distracted by Crochet. A friend of mine posted a photo on FB that showed a C2C blanket in the making. Me being ignorant of what C2C was asked and she posted me the You Tube link. C2C for those that do not know is Corner to Corner.

This is the link I was using Corner to Corner Afghan Project and below is my efforts so far
It was great to be able to finally find a use for this Sirdar Chunky yarn. It was too expensive at £3.10 a 50g ball to discard (I had purchased it to make a Cardigan but the knitting pattern was too difficult for me). It will only be lap sized when finished but will be lovely and warm.

And here is a photo of me trying to work on this C2C project but being prevented by my Lily who wanted a fuss.

Using  The Crochet Crowd tutorials I also made the following dishcloth and kitchen scrubby. I have finally learnt how to work in rows.


I also made a knitted square using up odd DK yarn, and the pattern is from the book my start is on

This is my finished block and I know there is a mistake in my knitting as I did not follow the pattern correctly. But then this makes this square uniquely mine. I will make further blocks over the year and hopefully come December will have sufficient to sew up a blanket.
So this is all the crafting I managed to get done over the last week.

I also finished reading a really good book The Winter Folly by Lulu Taylor I will admit that is was the cover that got me reading the book, but I was pleasantly surprised as this author tends to write Bonk Buster style novels normally. It is set over two time periods present day and 60's/70's and features a house that has a folly in its grounds and something terrible that happened there. I won't say anything else about the plot as I am likely to spoil the story should you choose to read it. But it was definitely a 4 out of 5 stars for me and I will read future books by this author. I also know it must have been quite good as it was my bath book and I read it in only a couple of weeks which for me is good going.

Well that is it for this weeks posting.

Bye for now

Lisa :-)



8 comments:

  1. My goodness....you have been busy! What great progress....even with interruptions from Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on all your projects!! That book sound really good! I will have to add it to my ever growing TBR list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana - I see you are like me with an ever growing TBR list :-)

      Delete
  3. What an awesome post Lisa. Wonderful progress on all your pieces. Love the C2C blanket.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress on your stitching. Your crochet projects are great.

    ReplyDelete