Monday, 3 February 2014

Stitching Plan Week 4 - 2014

Hi Blogger Friends,

Well firstly I am getting my post in on time this week.

So being Week 4 this meant my main project was a Card. The cards I intend to do in the 4th week of the month are by Lesley Teare and feature birds
This week I decided to do the one top right of this photo and I believe it is a Blue Tit
And I am very pleased with the result - it took me approx 9 hrs to stitch.

Saturday saw me working on Peacock another design by Lesley Teare
It went from this
to this
As you can see I completed part of a leaf and got a bunch of grapes stitched. I am pleased with this weeks progress.

Sunday I returned to working on Winter Sunset which went from this
to
The colours I was stitching with are quite pale but I think you can see that I did get quite a bit done.

I received not one but two round robins on Tuesday and I started work on the first one. The theme for this robin is US State Flowers Texas to Wyoming and I chose to stitch Wyoming. Below is my progress as of Sunday 2nd February.
I still need to add the Flower names in both English and Latin and also do the back stitching which will be done today ready for posting on tomorrow. I will then get the second robin done which is a bell pull type project that will not take very long to do.

This week I was once again got a bit distracted by Crochet. I have finally learnt to work in rows and can now at some stage attempt a row blanket.
So this was my first attempt and I am really pleased with it.

I then learnt how to do a Daisy Granny square via the links at Tillie Tulip Blog How to make a Daisy. If you look at the link at the bottom of the page it gives you another link at adding more rounds which I also used to create this
I then made another with a green outer round and then learnt another technique, this time joining squares using Single Crochet.



My little post it notes fit in it really well.

I then made a further 12 of these using white fleck yarn as the final round. As I do not have a great deal of this yarn I will make these eventually into a scarf.
The above photo is of the first 6 that I made on Friday, I made a further 5 on Saturday and one more on Sunday. I now have to sew in all the ends and join them together.

I really love this pattern as for me it is a much neater finish than when I do a traditional granny square.

This week I also received some stitching goodies
The above two photos are of my order of The Silk Mill silks for my Snooty Parrots Sampler project which I intend to do once Peacock is completed. I will be stitching it on 40ct Newcastle over 2. I was really impressed with the prompt delivery from France and the fabulous packaging and the free Thread Heaven. As long as I don't struggle using the silk, I don't think it will be my last order. Below is a photo of what Snooty Parrots should look like. The original is not done in these silks so mine will be a little different.
Back in December I entered a giveaway with New Stitches magazine for some scissors. Now anyone who knows me, knows I have a thing for scissors you cannot have enough pairs. So I was delighted the same day that the silk arrived so did these
Not only did I receive stitching goodies I also got 10 Yankee Candle votives in the same post, these include the 5 new Q1 fragrances for the UK market. I tend to get votives as if you don't like the smell you have not wasted too much money. Typically I am not keen on vanilla based ones but I saw one called Sandalwood Vanilla and thought I would give it a go and it is lovely.


Well I think that's it for this week. Until next time ....

Bye for now

Lisa



6 comments:

  1. I love the progress that you have made on Winter Sunset. What a great design!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary - I am beginning to love it too. When I started you could not really see what it was going to be but I think it is now taking shape.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful update Lisa. Love all your projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching and finishing. Lovely new stash.

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...