Followers

Monday, 10 February 2014

Stitching Plan Week 5 - 2014

Hi Blogger Friends,

This weeks main project was a small UFO - The Rain Fell by Little House Needleworks. I managed to complete it on Monday. As you can see from the photos below there was not much to be done.

It was stitched on Permin 28ct Linen, not sure of the colour but the top photo is more accurate and stitched with the recommended Crescent Colours and DMC floss. So I now have one less UFO :-)

Saturday Peacock - this went from this
to this
I am quite pleased with this as I only managed a couple of hours on him.

Sunday Winter Sunset - went from this
to this
I am very pleased with this progress, hopefully next week should complete the current page of chart I am working on.

I completed the round robin I was working on below is how it looked when I posted it on
I also managed some work on both the SFPSFC charity piece and my January XS Small SAL piece below is where I am at with them

Well that was all the stitching that I did this week, but as the week had days with a Y in them I got distracted by both Crochet and Knitting.

The first thing I did was make a hair scrunchy from the very useful Crochet Unravelled book. The link I have posted is for the older version the one I have, there is a newer one released last year but I do not know if the contents are the same. Below is my result not perfect but I don't think it is bad for a first attempt.
I then decided to see if my working in rows was a fluke and so had a go at doing  a practise Granny Stripe using Attic24 instructions. Below are photos of my efforts

The second photo is approx 6 rows then folded up. So I can do it. This practise piece was using random DK yarn that I had and a 4.5mm hook. On Saturday my replacement yarn pack arrived (the first one apparently lost in the post). Below is a photo of the scrummy New Fashion DK yarn and my work on my actual bedspread from Sunday 9th Feb.
and here is a close up of it
I am loving the colours so far.

Finally in the week I bought and occasional magazine (in that it isn't a weekly or monthly issue) called Let's Get Crafting Knitting and Crochet. It is quite expensive at £7.99 but it does include a yarn pack a pair of knitting needles and a crochet hook. This issue the yarn is of an aran weight and the needles and hook are 5.5mm. There are a variety of projects in the magazine which you can use the pack on. I chose a craft bag. Below is my progress
I love the colours of this and am quite pleased with my efforts so far. Nothing to taxing just basic stocking stitch with the odd slip stitch,

So that's it for this week.

Bye for now


Lisa






4 comments:

  1. Lots of work on a number of projects. Lovely finish on The Rain Fell. Love your crochet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow Lisa. Another great update. Looks like you were very busy to me. Love all the projects your working on and the granny stripe blanket is great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous finish. Lovely stitching and knitting progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish Lisa and good progress too.

    Love your knitting and crochet projects.

    ReplyDelete