Monday, 8 December 2014

Lizzie Kate Update and some Ornaments

Hi Blogger Friends,

This week I did do a little more on my Lizzie Kate Holly and Hearts Sampler below is where I started from and where I got to
The reason I did not get more done was I got sidetracked when I discovered all of these ornaments that needed finishing.
So far I have done these

They are complete minus the stuffing and the Time for Tea will be a pin cushion not a Christmas decoration.
I also completed this one using a different technique for me. I stitched this with a piece of wadding and felt as backing
I have two more carollers finished that I will complete this way and if I get time will try and stitch the remaining 3 that were in the set of six card designs. This turned out to be a really quick way of completing the ornament so I think I will be using it again. It is also quite light.

Finally this week my sugar cravings kicked in once again so I made Grandma's Apple Slice Cake. Now I think I used too big a pan to cook it in as when it was straight out of the oven it was quite cake like but once it cooled properly and hardened it was more like a biscuit/flapjack texture. It did however taste very nice.




That is this weeks update. I am hoping to get more ornaments completed this week as I intend putting up my tree on the 12th December and my aim is to complete part 2 of the Lizzie Kate sampler.

Bye for now

Lisa



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching and fabulous finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments all turned great Lisa. The Lizzie Kate piece is really pretty.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...