Followers

Thursday, 9 April 2015

It's Been A Long Time - So Here's A Quick Update of Stitching in 2015

Hello Blogger Friends,

I have been really hopeless at blogging this year. It was partly down to computer issues and then I couldn't remember my password but also I have been in a bit of a cannot be bothered frame of mind.

Hopefully I can alter this and at least do a weekly posting on my stitching progress but I am also hoping to post on other things too.


This post is just a stitching update.

Finishes so far

Below are my finishes so far for 2015
The first finish of 2015 was My To Do List by Lizzie Kate on a piece of opal linen from Polstitches that was in a grab bag using a selection of variegated floss from my stash.

My second finish of the year was Pansy Pixie by Nora Corbett on 28ct Moonrise Opal Linen again from Polstitches using the recommended floss and beads. This was originally started as a SAL with Polstitches back in 2013 - at least I finally completed it and I love the fabric one of my favourites.
My third finish of the year is Let's Do Tea by Ursula Michael on 14ct Aida using DMC floss. I really enjoyed stitching this and it worked up in no time.
And finally so far this year this is my fourth finish. It is Lizzie Kate's Things Unseen Mystery Sampler, stitched on 28ct Just Peachy Lugana from Crafty Kitten. This was a joy to stitch and I am really pleased with the finished piece.

Current Stitching

I am currently working on another SAL with Polstitches this time it is a Joan Elliott Sampler called Wisdom of the East. We are currently in a catch- up week and I should be up to date come Sunday. I am hoping to get this project completed in April.

Below are photos of where I am with this project
This is the last full length photo
The left panel done and I am now working on the right side which is where we should be by Sunday.

On Wednesday's I work on a sampler. The one I am currently working on is Martha Jones 1792 from European Reproduction Samplers and I only restarted on this one yesterday below are photos of my starting point and then another photo after doing 560 stitches. The fabric colour is really somewhere in between the two photos (not the best photography I am afraid)

Future Stitching

All being well and I finish the Joan Elliott sampler in April from May I intend to divide my time between UFO's and New Projects. So I will alternate but on each fourth week I will have a catch- up small projects week.

The first UFO to be tackled will be Chrysanthemum Fairy by Joan Elliott below is a photo of roughly where I am with this project. When I restart it I will take an accurate photo.

and finally for now my next new start will be Christmas in London by Mirabilia




Ok so not a great deal done so far this year but at least I have a plan in operation and it seems to be working for me.

Bye for now
Take Care

Lisa



5 comments:

  1. So much beautiful stitching! Wonderful finishes, and the WIPs are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching and wonderful finishes - but my favourite would have to be the L*K, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful update Lisa. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lovely lot of finishes! Such beautiful stitching as well. Love the Pansy Pixie, one of my favourites! Christmas in London is stunning as well :) Well done, I look forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Just find your blog.
    I adore yours stitching. I look forward to see new christmas in London progress.

    ReplyDelete