Thursday, 8 October 2015

Back to doing Rotations - September reveiw and other stuff

Hi Blogger Friends,

It has been a few months now since I have blogged. I know I have not been very consistent but I do intend to try and be a little better from now on, with at least a monthly posting.

After much thought I decided back in September to work my projects in rotation. Two reasons firstly anyone that knows me understands that I do bore easily and rotations means I get a break from the same thing. Secondly I think I get more  progress on the projects when I am working in rotation.

So I have four projects that are my main focus ( there is a fifth project for months with 5 weeks which is about 4 times a year, but I won't be showing that one until my November review). I do have a couple of other things in progress which I will discuss after I show my first months results.

In each given week I aim to do at least 10 hours on that project (hopefully more).

ROTATION 1

My first project is Snowshoe by DMC designed by Jayne Netley Mayhew. It is one of four cat kits that came out in the summer this year. I think it is stunning.

This was my starting point on the 7th September. It was Day 16 of working on this project and I originally started this on the 7th July 2015.

This was my progress at the end of the week. I worked on it for 5 out of the 7 days and did 14 hours work on it.

ROTATION 2

My second rotation is the wonderful Raven Queen by Mirabilia it is stitched on 28ct Opal Lugana in Phantom Amethyst by Polstitches

This is a photo of my floss toss - I did about 10 or so different fabrics before settling on this one.

This is my progress at the end of the week I think I just managed to make the 10 hrs. The photo does not really do it justice it looks fantastic in real life.

ROTATION 3

Rotation 3's project will be a long time in the finishing. I chose to do Save the Stitches by Blackwork Journey which was freebie project from that website. I had already started it so the photos below show my starting point and where I got to. This project in the week I was working on it I wasn't really feeling it and only managed about 4 hrs. I am hoping that when it comes up in week 3 of October that I get a little more done on it. If come the end of the year I am still not feeling it I will change this one out for one of my other very large projects of which I have around six to choose from.





This project is being worked in the exact fabric and materials that the original model was done in. I wasn't brave enough to change it around. The one thing I will say about this project it uses DMC Diamant metallics and they are so much nicer to use than ordinary DMC metallic or Light Effects.


ROTATION 4

 My final project in this current rotation is another Mirabilia design Christmas in London. This my husband purchased for me for Christmas 2014. I had already made a start on it. So the photos below are my September starting point and where I got to.

This is what it should look like when completed

This was my start point the fabric is 32ct Heirloom Linen by Polstitches

And where I got to. Really enjoyed my week on this one.

OTHER PROJECTS

Now alongside my weekly rotations I also have two other projects on the go. The first I am calling my Forever Project as it will probably take me the rest of my  life to complete. It is the wonderful HAED design Large Treasure Hunt Bookshelf by Aimee Stewart. I mentioned this in and earlier blog post and had started it before starting on this new system of working. So below are photos of what it should look like when complete. My September starting point and the progress photo is after I have done a complete set of rotations so in September that is 4 weeks. My aim on this project is 3.5 hrs a week so 30 mins a day and on the whole I am easily achieving that.



It doesn't look much I know but I am enjoying it. I am working this on 28ct Jazlyn 1 over 1 full cross.



The other project I am working on is a monthly project, this I start at the beginning of the month and my aim is to have it completed by the end of the month. It is Sheena Rogers Flowers of the Month Pin Cushions that were featured in 2014-15 in Cross Stitch Collection Magazine. So below you will see a photo of September's Pin cushion. I really like Sheena's designs they make a lovely break from larger projects.



Other Finishes

Below in order of finishing are other projects done since my last blog post

Sheena Rogers/Cross Stitch Collection Magazine July Pin Cushion

Birthday Card stitched for my Mum it was magazine freebie kit


Polstitches Christmas Biscornu - this was a UFO kit that I finally finished in July

This was a biscornu I started years ago and then mislaid it. When I found it again I finished it off. The design is from an old issue of New Stitches magazine, also finished in July.

August Pin Cushion by Sheena Rogers/ Cross Stitch Collection Magazine

Henry VIII and his Six Wives Mini Cushion by Sheena Rogers. I absolutely loved doing this. I am a big historical fiction fan and so this really appealed to me big time. A joy to stitch. Finished in August.

And finally in September I completed this cute little Joan Elliott design that was a cover kit freebie



Well I hope you have enjoyed this post a little long I know but future ones should just be updates on what I have been stitching plus maybe a few stash enhancement photos. Who knows time will tell.

So until next time

Take care

love

Lisa












6 comments:

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...