Followers

Monday, 16 November 2015

Rotation 2 - Raven November Update and Other Things

Hi Blogger Friends,

So today I am doing an update of where I got with Raven Queen by Mirabilia over the last week.

My starting point was
and after working on her for 14.5 hours over 6 days I have got to here
I would have liked to have got a bit more done but I have been having congestion headaches this week which make my left eye very painful so I was limited to what I could do. This week I went back to working on her using both my Millennium Frame and its accompanying stand and after a little bit of getting used to it I did find it made the two handed stitching a lot easier and my neck strain a lot less. The only problem with using the Millennium Frame in hand is that it is very heavy compared to an easy clip scroll frame or q snaps, so making use of the stand was a good choice.

I have to say I am really liking how she is looking on the fabric I chose from Polstitches (28ct Opal Lugana in Phantom Amethyst).

This isn't the only thing I worked on this week. I also continued with  the November Pin Cushion from Cross Stitch Collection magazine and designed by Sheena Rogers. I went from here

to here
Again I did not get as much as I had hoped to get done but progress is progress and I will get it finished before the 30th November.

I also completed the biscornu using the Jodyri threads I purchased in October. I only used the one it was Oz the Great and Powerful from the Wizard of Oz themed pack.
This is where I was at last week only on the first side
and the finished diddy biscornu is below
I really like the variegation in this thread I think it is really pretty.

Finally in terms of stitching I also finished the Second Day from Plum Street Samplers 12 Days of Christmas freebies. This is stitched on a hand dyed scrap using Carrie's Creations threads in Cherry and Green Grass which I had in my stash.
Again this needs finishing into an ornament but I want to do them all at the same time and as yet I am still undecided as to whether I do them as flat ornaments (which for me is more complicated) or as a stuffed ornament. I am hoping that I will get all twelve done in time for this year but it will be a push with all the other things I work on.

The only Stashquisition this week was a book I ordered from Amazon's used book section it is called Down Santa Claus Lane and from the title you probably realise it contains lots of Santa designs. The book took just over 2 weeks to get to me from the States I paid only £3.45 for it that includes the postage and it is a hardback. With 40 designs and most of those a reasonable size I think it is a bargain
Well that's it for this week. Today I will get back to work on Save the Stitches, and also continue with a bit of progress on my Pin Cushion.

Bye for now
take care
love

Lisa






1 comment: