Followers

Monday, 15 February 2016

February Week 2 Update

Hi Blogger Friends,

Thank you for the lovely comments on my last blog post I seem to be getting into a regular routine now and so far am enjoying it. As always though plans are subject to change. So lets get straight to the updates

Daily Project

So as always I spent most days working on Letter B from the Prairie Schooler Alphabet.
This is where I left it last week
and below is the progress I made
As I said in my last weeks post I was going to change the decoration on the pie plate from the brown/black 3371 as charted to a lighter colour. In the end I decided on using DMC Color Variation 4160 but the original version not the current. Below I have posted a photo of the difference. As I can no longer get the original type I might as well use it up on a project like this
I am using the paler one in case you couldn't tell. I am pleased with my progress particularly as I only worked on this four out of the last seven days spending just under six and half hours stitching. I am hoping to complete Letter B this coming week.

Monthly Project 1 - Pin Cushion (Sheena Rogers for Cross Stitch Collection magazine)

So this week I managed to finish stitching on February Pin Cushion and I made it up. So I went from this
to this
This months cushion took me 13 hrs and 19 minutes to stitch with around another hour to make up into the pin cushion.

Rotation 2 - The Raven Queen

So my main focus piece for the week was working on The Raven Queen by Mirabilia. I worked on her for 6 days and did 16 hrs work on her. She has gone from this
to this
I am pleased with what I got done and hopefully in March I will finish off the bottom half and start on the top half, I think that is achievable if I manage the same amount of hours then.

Save the Stitches (Blackwork Journey)

Last Thursday (my dedicated day) I worked on Save the Stitches for 4 hrs and 48 minutes. The project went from this
to this
and here is the close up of the blocks I worked on
This project I am also happy with the progress I have made.

Other Stitching

Last week I started stitching a DMC Color Variations/Coloris bookmark made of hearts.
This is where I left it last week having used just Color Variations
and last week I received all bar 1 of the new coloris threads
I think they are quite lovely. Below is my progress on this project both Color Variations and Coloris are on it now.
I have put the Coloris above the Color Variations eventually there will be 84 hearts and the space between where the Coloris end and the Color Variation begin will have my initials and date.

Finally I was home alone one day this week and because I do not sleep well when my husband is away I allowed myself to start a small project to try and tire myself before sleep. So below is the Polar Bear Fridge Magnet from Mill Hill. I will work on this again the next time he is away.
Other than the Coloris threads I have not purchased anything this last week, but so want the following chart that I stumbled upon yesterday.
This is Lady Lilac from Tereena Clarke/Artecy. It is charted for 14ct, I don't know if anyone has stitched it yet but if it comes out as beautiful as this artwork I will be delighted. Being designed for 14ct means it will be so much easier on the eyes.

This coming week I will continue with Prairie Schooler Letter B, Start on February from the Joyful World SAL, my Rotation piece is A Stitch in Time


 - this is where I left it after doing the HAED Challenge
I am hoping to complete the first page but it is very confetti heavy being the regular size but Max Colors version.
Work on Save the Stitches on Thursday and if I get any spare stitching time do a few more hearts on my bookmark. I am hoping to complete that this month so hopefully the missing Coloris thread will arrive by then.

So that's it for another week. I hope you all have a great stitchy week as I hope to.

Bye for now

Happy Stitching

Love
Lisa x







2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the lovely stitching Lisa. You sure got lots done.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome progress on everything! I especially love the little hearts.

    ReplyDelete