Friday, 29 April 2016

April 2016 Update and Plans for the next few months

Hi Blogger Friends,

As promised here is my update for April. I have not done as much stitching as I would have liked as I had a whole week of no stitching due to catching a cold from my Husband that has really knocked me for six. I have not felt so unwell in a very long time nor even though the cold has now gone I am still  so drained of energy. So slowly I am returning to normality.

So I completed just two projects in April
The first of these was Sheena Rogers April Pin Cushion that was in Cross Stitch Collection Magazine, this one took 15 hrs over 11 days. It is one of my favourites it is so pretty.

I also completed my 'British' Letter D for the Prarie Schooler Alphabet. All the changes made were re designed by Sheena Rogers. The Tudor rose is from a published chart and the stylised Union Flag and Lion Sheena designed for me when I posted on FB that I was struggling to come up with the changes I wanted to make. I am very happy with the outcome. Below is the Letter D on its own and the whole project so far. Letter D took 25.5 hrs over 9 days.

I have also continued to work on the Janlynn Seasonal Sampler - Spring. This is where it was last month
and where I am now
I am very pleased with how it is coming along. The work done is the equivalent of 30 minutes a day and it just goes to show a project will grow using this method.

Other things I worked on in April

I spent 5 days (21 hrs stitching) working on the Lady of Shalott by Teresa Wentzler. The poem has been a favourite of mine for many years and as a child I could actually recite it. Now sadly I know the opening line and the famous quote from it

Out flew the web and floated wide;
The mirror crack'd from side to side;
'The curse is come upon me,' cried
The Lady of Shalott.

This is my first Teresa Wentzler and I know I was really daunted by the project because of all the blended threads. All I can say is there isn't anything to be daunted by as long as you prepare your project properly. I have all the threads both singles and blends on home made project cards and so far I have had no issues just sheer joy with working this design. I love the muted palette and how cleverly the blends make the design. It will not be my last Teresa Wentzler.

I also spent a little time on Regency Lady. The Marlitt thread is no problem as long as you use Thread Heaven and keep the lengths quite short.
I made a start on this Snow White project from MCG Textiles, the Thomas Kinkade design. Love the design but I have a couple of issues with the kit. Firstly I don't think I have ever used such a stiff Aida before it really is like cardboard. Also the quality control by the manufacturers is off. They supplied a floss in the kit which was wrong - thankfully on line I was able to establish what it should be frog and restitch the section using the correct colour thread. I have seen this completed and it does look fab when done so this will be worked on from time to time.

I also spent one evening working on this Henry VIII and his 6 wives. I didn't take an after photo
but I did about 3 hrs stitching and one more stitch  done is one less to do :-)

Simon got a little bit of work
and hopefully towards the end of May he will come out to play again.

I also spent a couple of evenings working on Historic Countries Mystery Sampler by Papillon Creations as featured in The Gift of Stitching Magazine
This is where I last left it and below is where I have got to
So I finished off the Quaker section in the middle and have been working on the Ireland section. I have really enjoyed getting this out again and I just love Polstitches Edwardian linen it is such a pretty fabric which photos never do justice.

Finally for April stitching I got a few Mill Hill bead kits yesterday and started on the Celtic Santas - Wales Santa
This is where I have got to I spent last night and a little bit this morning working on this, really enjoying it and the beads in this design are really gorgeous a lot more colour than it would appear.

I also spent a couple of evening working on my huge crochet blanket
I managed to get about 6 rows done. I am aiming to get this finished by next Winter - I am about 2/3rds of the way done, so it is doable.


Future Plans

Back at the beginning of the year I joined the Stitch Maynia group on Facebook. They do lots of Stitch a longs throughout the year but so far I have not joined in any of them. May is the month that they host Stitch Maynia which is 15 new starts for the first 15 days of May and so being the glutton for punishment that I am and also because I want to feel that I am taking part in the group I have decided to put rotations on hold and do this instead.

So my stitching for May will be May Pin Cushion, Prairie Schooler Alphabet Letter E and Spring Sampler plus the 15 new starts for Stitch Maynia. Below are the projects I intend to start.
I intend to return to rotations in the last week of May and for all of June before taking a month off Rotations to do Christmas in July for which I have two UFO's that I would like to get completed.

As this blog is now picture heavy I will sign off now and will return at the end of May with how I got on.

Bye for now

Happy Stitching

love

Lisa x









3 comments:

  1. What an awesome post Lisa. You have made fantastic progress on all of the projects you worked on this month and cute finish. Good luck with your starts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're stitching is gorgeous! I LOVE the pin cushion. Thank you for introducing a new to me designer, Sheena Rogers. You've enabled me to purchase a pillow or two :) I look forward to seeing the progress on your gorgeous WIPs and Stitch Maynia. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I have been able to introduce you to a new designer. They are fun stitches from Sheena Rogers

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...