Saturday, 24 November 2012

Gloucester Quays - Victorian Christmas Market

Today Simon (hubby), Tom (son) and me went to Gloucester Quays to look at the Victorian Christmas Market, which has been held there since Thursday and ends tomorrow.

There were lots of stalls selling everything from meat to jewellery and Christmassy items.




For a free event it was worth visiting. Tom and I went on the Victorian Carousel, I sat on Black Beauty and Tom was on Caroline. I have never been on a traditional carousel before and did not realise how fast they go but it was fun.

This is the Carousel


This is me on Black Beauty :-)


This is Tom on Caroline


I also bought a Christmas ornament from one of the stalls and got Tom some lunch at one of the food stalls. Hubby didn't want any as he objected to the cost of it!!

Christmas ornament



After spending time outside looking at all the stalls we then went into the retail outlet area that is there. Walking inside there were people dressed in Victorian costumes and there was also a brass band playing Christmas music.



Set up inside the retail area was a stand for our local Birds of Prey centre and they had an African Eagle Owl, Barn Owl and a Female Harris Hawk. They were all stunningly beautiful. The African Eagle Owl was a rescue case. I must go to the centre in the near future as they have over 70 birds there.

Whilst there we also had a look in a couple of the shops. I went to the Pavers store to see if I could find a new pair of winter boots, they did have some but I can get them cheaper online. Simon and Tom went to the Cadbury store to get some chocolate. After leaving the Quays we spent some time in Toys r Us (I have not been there in a lot of years ) and Hobbycraft as I wanted to see if they stocked Kumihimo disks/starter kits - they didnt so I will get it off ebay

Before we returned home we stopped at PC World to get some new headphones for the PC and then to Sainsburys for a bit of shopping.

I am now going to stitch :-) !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...