Sunday, 18 November 2012

Unfinished Objects (UFO's), Works in Progress (WIP's) etc

Anyone that knows me will be aware that I have a lot of UFO needlework projects somewhere around the 100 mark. I am not proud of this and need to address this and various other things that I am involved with. Starting tomorrow I am going to schedule my week to various projects and hopefully within the next six months I should see some progress.

Monday, Tuesday and Friday

This will be the days when I work on my major projects and there will be 4 in rotation here.

1. Joan Elliott Cinderella


This is the original version as featured in Cross Stitch Gold magazine with the blue dress and blonde hair.

My version is the pink conversion that Joan posted on FB and I have also given her brown hair as I see no reason why Cinders cannot be a brunette. The picture below shows how far I have got with her to date. I am using 28ct Polstitches Colourful Clouds Opalescent Linen.


2. Michael Powell Up the Garden Path



This is what the finished kit should look like.


and this is how far I have got with it so to date.

3. Mirabilia January Garnet Fairy


This is what the design should look like on completion.


This is where I am up till now. I am working the design on Polstitches 32ct Rustic Rhubarb Jobelan.

4. PR Queen of the Fairies


This is how she should look on completion.


This is where I have got to with her. I am using the recommended 32ct Polstitches Chestnut Jobelan.

Wednesday

Is my sampler day and this is currently Martha Jones 1792 by European Reproduction Samplers, the sampler is being worked on 28ct Antique Ivory Cashel Linen. I do have a lot of other samplers in various stages, but wont show them on this blog until I have completed this one.


This is what the completed sampler should look like


Thursday

This day I will work on any small projects or any of my projects that are not currently listed eg cards, etc. For the next few weeks this will be working on Lizzie Kate Dance in the Rain


Saturday and Sunday

This is when I will work on the various SAL's I have joined in the last year and then not progressed. Again I will work these in rotation.

1. PR Fairy Mystery

As this is a mystery sampler I do not have a completed picture to show you. November saw the release of part 5 of this 12 month project. I am still only on part one. I am working my fairy on Polstitches 28ct Soft Clouds jobelan. Below is a photo of how far I have got.


2. HAED Ariadne

I am working this on 25ct Magic Guide fabric. The photo below is how the completed design should look.


I am still on page one of this design and the photo below shows my progress to date.


3. Chatelaine Sleeping Beauty Castle

This is a year long project from Chatelaine Design and started on the 1st April this year, it is also known as Online 95. I am stitching it on Polstitches Regency Jobelan.

Below is a photo of what the completed design should look like

and here is how far I have got on part 1 of the project.


This project uses lots of speciality threads and beads and I am acquiring the threads as I go.

4. Papillon Creations Around the World in 80 Stitches

This is a 24 month around the world in stitches project which I am working on bone jobelan. I do not have a completed picture but I am currently still on part one. This project uses lots of different stitches and is great fun.




I think by doing this I have given myself enough variety to stay focused.

If I complete any of the big projects first listed in the next 6 months then I will allow myself to start a new project.

I will review my progress in May 2013 after six months of working on the various projects listed.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your progress.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice variety to keep the interest. And to answer a q you asked on my blog... I use a fabric pen that washes out once you put it under water. I don't have the patience to grid with thread so this just works better for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I did wonder about the pen, I have never been brave enough to use one in case when washing out it bleeds into the project - I take it though that they are fine. I like you would not grid a fabric with thread hence me using the magic grid for the HAED project :-)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your rotation. You have some lovely projects on the go and I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous starts! hope you finish some next year.

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...