Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Crazy Challenges 2013 - Day Seven

When I originally joined the two Crazy 2013 Facebook groups I had intended on doing 15 new projects each per group, but then I decided to give myself a fighting chance and have reduced this to 7 per group.

So this is my last post on the new starts for 2013.

2013 Crazy January Challenge

For my final challenge for this group I decided to start work on this cute little design by Sue Hillis Designs - Not tonight Dear, I'm stitching. This chart was part of a belated birthday present from my husband. Further down in this post I will add a photo of the other charts I received from him.

I am stitching it on 28ct Dusky Rose Polstitches Jobelan using Polstitches Dragonfloss in Blood Ruby.


Here is my progress I stitched for under an hour on this project, I dont think it will take very long to complete.




CrosstitchCrazy 2013

My final challenge for this group is this design from Midsummer Night Designs and was in an issue of The Gift of Stitching Magazine. It is stitched on 28ct Antique Ivory Cashel Linen using the recommended Anchor threads.

This is my progress. I really like the pretty colours used in this project.


A Few More Birthday things

Yesterday I received another handmade card, this time from a FWC member Sheila who sent me a cute teddy decoupaged card


And alongside the Not tonight dear chart already featured in this post, I also received the three charts below from my husband as an extra birthday gift.


I have wanted the Stitching Mends Your Soul by Waxing Moon Designs chart for quite some time and have fallen in love with the Lizzie Kate boxer charts this one is a quote from Helen Keller and the chart in a cd case comes with the fabric. If I had all the Crescent Colors and GAST threads I would have started it, but I am missing several so it will have to wait until later in the year. The small Lizzie Kate chart I saw the other day stitched up and really liked it so that was an extra.

6 comments:

  1. Such nice gifts from your hubby. Its always nice when they get you exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did have to tell him what I wanted. I think he is scared to just get me something he has chosen in case I dont like it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely starts Lisa.

    Nice gifts from your DH. I got that Lizzie*Kate boxer for Christmas. Can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, yes I really like the Boxer kits I have already stitched Dance in the Rain and really like the sentiment on this one, just need to get the floss for it, then I can start it as they don't take very long to stitch up :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely new starts and great new stash from your DH.

    ReplyDelete

13th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, Thank you to all who read and /or commented on last weeks posting. This is what I have been up to in the last week. ...