This weekend my rotation was to work on HAED Ariadne. When I put it away last time I knew there was an error on it and so I decided I would frog it. Anyway to cut a long story short coming back to the project I could not find the error and having a good look at my progress, I decided to frog the lot and restart it stitching it 2 over 1 in full crosses on the 25ct Magic Guide from DMC. My reason for this was not only knowing I had an error in my stitching but also the tent stitch I was doing 2 over 1 was not giving the coverage I want, I noticed that there was quite a bit of gapping and white spaces with dark colours on a pale background is not a good result.
Photo below is what she will look like complete
It took me over 5 hours to reverse stitch this project and I have vowed I will not be doing that again. That was on Saturday and on Sunday I managed over several hours to put 454 stitches on to the fabric, so only another 183,296 stitches to go. I am going to move this project to a weekly basis on a Thursday just so that it does grow, otherwise one weekend every 5 weeks is going to take me forever.
Here is my progress
Below is the project that will go into Ariadne's slot in the weekend rotations it is Poppy Lady from Barbara Hammett's Art Nouveau in Cross Stitch book, the first one published around 1999. This was worked as part of a round robin and did not come home completed as it ran out of thread. It has been in my UFO pile for far to long. I picked this using the random number generator. I currently have 141 UFO's and the generator picked 105 which is this project. I apologise for the blurry photo, I will take a better one when it comes up in rotation in March.