Saturday, 5 October 2013

Stitching Update 4th October 2013

Hi Blogger Friends,

Well this weeks posting does not have a great deal to show for it, but as I am trying to do weekly updates I am still going to post what I have managed to do over the last week.

Saturday and Sunday

On Saturday, my husband, son and I  went to see my daughter to make sure she had settled into University ok. Take her out for a meal to make sure she had had one decent feed in a week and also to get her some groceries. Anyway the trip was lovely and she is doing just fine, if partying a little too much, but I am sure once the coursework has started properly that will calm down.

The downside was by the time I got back home over 7 hrs later I had a stonking headache and was therefore unable to stitch. Sunday I wasn't feeling much better so I chose not to stitch. Hence my Argentine Tango and Viennese Waltz are at the same stage they were in my previous post.
Hopefully I will achieve more this coming week

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday

Well to start with I only managed to work on Chrysanthemum Fairy on two of the days and did about 4.5 hrs work on her.
Here she is as of last week
and here she is now

I apologise for the lack of clarity in this photo but my digicam battery keeps dying and so this was taken on my phone.


Wednesday

The highlight of my week I finally completed How Does Your Garden Grow by Papillon Creations a lovely speciality stitch sampler. The fabric used was 28ct Monaco in Summer Glade by Enchanted Fabrics. I used all DMC Color Variations and Mill Hill Beads in the multi color pack you can buy.

With  this completed I have decided to put the Lizzie Kate Halloween Mystery Sampler as my Wednesday project.

Below is where I got to last week with this when I was doing as and when I had a spare moment
And this is where I got to this week


again apologies phone photo


Friday

Last week I started on Welsh Garden by Just a Moment, the third garden in the series.
This is where I got to last week
and this is where I am at now
as you can see I finished the centre part of the design. I did not manage to do anymore as I was exhausted having been awake from 1.30 am

Other Stitching

I also started a knitted garter stitch scarf using the lovely Rico Creative Reflection yarn in pastel. I was originally going to do a lacy stitch wrap, but the yarn is a little fiddly so I decided to go with something a lot simpler. Below is my progress

I also stitched this little heart from Thread Pickerz Silkz using Autumn Equinox silk thread
Well that's it for this week folks, I am hoping to be a little more productive in the coming week.

Take care

Lisa







3 comments:

  1. Wow you got a lot done. Well done on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made great progress on all your projects Lisa. Congrats on the finishes and pretty new scarf.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching and knitting. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

20th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, As always I would like to thank all that read and or commented on my last weeks posting. So here is what I did in th...