Sunday, 4 September 2016

A Catch- up post July - September

Hi Blogger Friends,

Yet again I have been remiss with my blogging. After today's post I am going to endeavour to do them weekly so that I don't find the time taken to get them done is excessive.

Today's post will be just the stitching I have worked on since I last posted.  Just so that I can start a fresh and I will then do my weekly posts on Monday's so the first one after today will be the 12th September 2016.

What have I been working on over the summer

After having such a good start to the year my Stitchy Bug really waned over the summer months. Thankfully it is beginning to pick up again and yesterday I had my longest time spent stitching in months. I did nearly 7 hours with three projects - so I am pleased with that. Sadly the left side of my neck is less pleased it is really stiff this morning and I think I will probably have to get my wheat bag out later just to ease it.

So over the nearly two months I have worked on 16 projects plus one project I was playing with options (this will be at the bottom of this post) and of those I completed 3. These I will show first

Finishes

Seek Peace

A very old small project that I was finishing off at bedtime whilst listening to Harry Potter on audible. The design came from an old issue of The Gift of Stitching Magazine and is designed by Helga Mandl.
This was worked on a scrap of Polstitches fabric using a variegated floss called Tea Rose  I got from Ebay.


Letter F - Prairie Schooler Alphabet

This one took 23 hrs I am currently working on Letter G see below and still on track to complete the top row of this project before the end of 2016

and this is the project so far and what I have done on the letter G.


Cat Bookmark

I have been promising my daughter a bookmark for probably nearly 15 years and I finally got around to making her one. The design is one of four from an old issue of World of Cross Stitching magazine and the design is by Durene Jones.


Works in Progress

Scotland and Ireland Santa's by Mill Hill



Enchanted Aurora by Joan Elliott


Death by Cross Stitch by Long Dog Samplers
This is the design and my testing of which DMC Color Variations I wanted to do it in. In the end I settled on 4240 and my fabric choice is 40ct Verdal fabric worked one strand over two threads of the fabric.

This is my progress



Historical Countries Mystery Sampler by Papillon Creations (Originally in The Gift of Stitching Magazine)

I finished the Irish section on the left during my last stitching session and started on the Dutch section.
Paws and Claws by Long Dog Samplers


Lady of Shalott by Teresa Wentzler

Plum Cushion by Donna Vermillion Giampa ( Originally in Just Cross Stitch magazine)
and the progress I made this is stitched on 28ct Light Peach Jobelan


Geometric Bookmark from Cross Stitch Collection magazine
I have been stitching this whilst continuing to listen to the Harry Potter series at bedtime.

Rainbow Bookmark my own design

Playing with my Jane Greenoff design programme and below is my progress so far
I am quite pleased with how this is turning out.

Medieval Queen Bookmark by Textile Heritage


Viennese Waltz
This project has only come back out on the 3rd September and will be stitched on every Saturday until the Strictly Come Dancing Final in December, with a little luck I might get it completed.

This was my starting point on the 3rd and below is where I got to
I only manged to do just under two hours stitching, my shoulder/neck were still hurting come the evening but one stitch done is one less to do and you can see I completed the part on the mans jacket.



Simon
Actually Orangutans by Jayne Netley Mayhew and this is my focus piece for September.

Playing

Scheherazade by Papillon Creations

I played with two of the four colour options on some scrap aida

The Sinbad option
The Aladdin option.

I chose the Aladdin option and have now kitted up this project selecting Light Peach 28ct Jobelan again as  I really like the fabric colour and the DMC threads, ready for a future start. Although I thought the Sinbad colourway was really colourful, the Aladdin colours are much more me.

So that is what I have been doing over the last two months. Obviously where I have only put the one photo I have not stitched it all they are wips I have picked up and worked on and the photos are showing where I have left them.

I will be back on the 12th September with my next update.

Bye for now

Take care

Lisa x


3 comments:

  1. Wow lots of projects going on there and you have made excellent progress even without your stitching bug. Love your finishes, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome update Lisa. Congrats on the finishes and lovely stitching progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Love all the projects!!! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

20th November 2017

Hi Blogger Friends, As always I would like to thank all that read and or commented on my last weeks posting. So here is what I did in th...